The purpose behind this Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Review is to familiarize with the most important things you need to know about this product as it is considered to be one of the best for its price on the market. We have listed the most significant advantages and specifications, without disregarding the setbacks of the rice cooker. The aim is to properly inform you about everything that might be of essence when you are making your choice without misguiding you.
The first thing that you might want to look into when buying a rice cooker is its capacity. This would tell you exactly how much rice you are going to be able to produce on a single cooking cycle. The Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT is a rice cooker, capable of delivering up to 6 cups of perfectly cooked rice. This is in case you load it up with 3 cups of uncooked rice and add the appropriate and needed amount of water. However, if you want to achieve this you would have to use the measuring cup that comes with the unit because it is designated to fit the size of this unit in particular. The device is perfect for domestic use as it is more than capable of providing enough cooked rice for any regular sized family.
The heating technology is something of essential importance for every rice cooker. With this in mind, the Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT includes a sophisticated MICOM Microcomputer that is going to aid you during the whole process. Actually, it won’t be aiding you but it would rather replace you. This is thanks to the complicated technology that the unit comes with. One of the most important and key features of it is the advanced heating systems which are implemented.
And even though the unit comes without an induction heater it is still perfectly capable of delivering rice cooked to perfection. This is thanks to the fuzzy logic which is different than the technology that stands behind traditional and conventional rice cookers.
The Fuzzy logic of the MICOM Microcomputer is going to make the proper adjustments in order to perfectly adapt not only to temperature and weight changes but also to the kind of rice. With this in mind, you can cook white, brown, sweet as well as porridge rice without having to worry about the complicated cooking techniques. All you have to do is add the desired quantity of rice and water and let the cooker do its magic.
This is all possible because of the thermal sensor which is basically in the shape of a small round button and it is located in the interior body of the machine. Once the rice rests on it, it would automatically detect its type, the water that is being used and the weight of the rice in order to make the necessary adaptations. This would ultimately allow you to enjoy perfectly cooked rice, even if you get the proportions wrong.
Other key features
The Fuzzy logic technology is just one of the many features that the unit comes with. The Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT truly does bring a lot of advantages in your kitchen, so let’s take a quick look at some of them.
- Detachable inner lid which makes the cleaning and maintenance a breeze.
- Easy to read LCD control panel which is going to allow you to properly monitor the rice cooking process and make the relevant adjustments if you want to change something during the process.
- Spherical inner cooking pan which when combined with the complex Fuzzy logic heating technology will ensure that you will be able to enjoy perfectly and evenly cooked rice.
- Automatic keep-warm setting. This feature is particularly interesting. The device is capable of detecting when the rice is perfectly cooked. Once it does that, the unit is going to automatically switch off and turn on the keep-warm function. While active, the unit is going to be able to retain the heat of the rice for as long as 12 hours after the cooking is done.
Pros and cons
Despite of all of the perks that this unit comes with, it still has some setbacks. Of course, in comparison to what it brings in your kitchen, they are rather insignificant but for the sake of full disclosure, they are worth noting. With this in mind, this is a list of some of the pros and cons of the device so you can weigh them in and make a proper decision.
- The unit comes with complex heating technology that is going to ensure that the process is fully automated.
- It also features beautiful and sleek design which is going to be more than able to complement any kind of modern and contemporary interior kitchen choices.
- It is capable of cooking every rice type that you can imagine including brown rice, sushi rice, mixed rice which is cooked with many different ingredients and porridge.
- The device has a significantly small footprint which is going to take minimal counter top space. This would allow enough of it to be used for different applications that you need in the kitchen.
- It does not include an induction heating system. However, this is compensated through the Fuzzy logic technology.
- The capacity is rather small and even though it is perfect for feeding a regular family it may not be enough if you have a lot of guests coming.
It is absolutely undeniable that this particular Zojirushi unit will make your life in the kitchen a lot more enjoyable. Rice is something that is regularly cooked and with this rice cooker you would eliminate the annoying manual cooking need. This is why this Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT review aims to provide you with all the necessary information for you to decide whether or not it would accommodate your particular need. We have discussed the major features as well as the cons that are worth noting in order to provide you with an objective prospective.